Monday, April 29, 2013

X

The letter for today my little lovelies is X. This is Day  of the A to Z Challenge. Using the letters of the alphabet as a starting point, bloggers are challenged to write a post everyday except Sunday. It's a good way to meet new authors and bloggers, learn about interesting books and topics and gain readership. If you stalk me (follow) I will stalk you!

My posts are loosely based on emotions/mental drama and anguish while introducing you to some books bearing the same or closely related titles/themes.




X-citedly riding down the x-pressway in my new x-calade while the wind blows through my x-tremely long hair. I spot a billboard for the TV show X-Factor.

I drive home quickly, filled with x-uburence because it's my favorite show. I arrive at home to find my son concentrating and looking intently at the graphing page methodically plotting the X axis joining Y to Z.

I give him a quick peck on the cheek and notice an envelope on the counter. It is the results from my recent x-ray. I'm less than thrilled. I rip it open and read the finding from Dr. Xavier. Mrs. Alex-Xander is suffering from an acute case of S curve scoliosis.  I x-hale loudly, tossing the papers on the counter and head to the den.

It's a rerun and I find myself x-ceedinly bored! I flip the channels stopping to watch Star Trek. I can never get enough of the Klingons, gamma rays, x-ray bursters and transporters. As the episode comes to an end I remember the unfinished craft project awaiting me down the hall. I instead decide to put in the X-Men! Hugh Jackman! Need I say more? After watching him flip, jump, run and bare his chest I turn off the tv to complete my project.


I grab my x-acto knife and begin making cut-outs of the letter X.This is too much fun! I am so x-cited! I carefully place each X along the very large map that covers the floor. At the end of the map, where the treasure awaits, I place the largest, the shiniest, the most gold X. This is the X that marks the spot!


 X on the Bookshelf





Duality is a fact of Kamui’s prophecy-driven life, but he’s not the only one—as the battle between the Dragons of Heaven and the Dragons of Earth heats up, the warriors begin to realize who their opposite numbers are. The members on both sides of the conflict all have their reasons for wanting to save the world or destroy it, and the greatest of those is love. For the sake of loved ones long lost, and of those still living, decisions are made that will move heaven and earth.











 Cale is a young man who struggles with an unusual addiction and eventually it makes him realize what really matters to him. This is his narrative. It is often unreliable and unpredictable. He is occasionally delusional, and always over thinks. Reality is grounded in the footnotes that accompany his thoughts. It takes more than it should for Cale to come back to that reality.








No comments:

Post a Comment