Sunday, April 28, 2013

When Darkness Fell

The letter for today my little lovelies is W of the A to Z Challenge. Using the letters of the alphabet as a starting point, bloggers are challenged to write a post everyday except Sunday. It's a good way to meet new authors and bloggers, learn about interesting books and topics and gain readership. If you stalk me (follow) I will stalk you!

My posts are loosely based on emotions/mental drama and anguish while introducing you to some books bearing the same or closely related titles/themes.

 

W is for When Darkness Fell

(from my poetry book Paintings, Poetry & Prose)



 darkness walked into the room

sat down beside me along with his friend gloom.

and there we were joined by sorrow and despair.

I didn't realize I enjoyed being there

with this party of pain and misery

blinded by pity I was unable to see

how they feasted on my heartache and my tears was sweet nectar

and the more tears I shed

I fell deeper and deeper into a never ending existence in that room sitting there with

sorrow, darkness, gloom and despair. 

 


Darkness on the Bookshelf

 






After giving up his post at The Hollows Police Department, Jones Cooper is at loose ends. He is having trouble facing a horrible event from the past, and finding a second act. He’s in therapy. Then, on a brisk October morning, he has a visitor. Eloise Montgomery, the psychic who plays a key role in FRAGILE, comes to him with predictions about his future, some of them dire.














Tom Hennen gives voice to the prairie and to rural communities, celebrating—with sadness, praise, and astute observations—the land, weather, and inhabitants. In short lyrics and prose poems, he reveals the detailed strangeness of ordinary things. Gathered from six chapbooks that were regionally distributed, this volume is Hennen's long-overdue introduction to a national audience. Includes an introduction by Jim Harrison and an afterword by Thomas R. Smith.









What about you?

 Did darkness ever descend on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment