Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dreams

This is Day 4 of the A to Z Challenge. Using the letters of the alphabet as a starting point, bloggers are challenged to write a post everyday except Sunday. It's a good way to meet new authors and bloggers, learn about interesting books and topics and gain readership. If you stalk me (follow) I will stalk you!



My posts are based on emotions/mental drama and anguish while introducing you to some books bearing the same or closely related titles/themes. The letter for today boys and girls is D!

 

 

D is for Dreams

 

I've been thinking of you.  Actually I've been dreaming of you. I don't like it, dreaming of you. I don't mean that in a bad way. You shouldn't be in my mind, my head or my heart.
 
 The dreams were sweet.
 
You were as handsome as ever and we were completely in love. Your mother was there and your father too. We didn't talk much, we merely held hands looking at each other like there was nothing and no one else in the world.
 
I know you're smiling as you read this message. 
 
Don't smile! 
 
Don't allow the love you still possess for me to begin to burn inside your heart.
 
Don't allow your memories of our former life together to flood you and overpower you like the waves crashing on the sand. 
 
Don't smile!
 
Don't allow thoughts of me to linger in your head, to control your mind and once again take you captive.
 
...and whatever you do, don't meet me in your dreams!




Dreams on the Bookshelf



 

 

 

 

The team behind the #1 New York Times bestseller Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site returns with another fabulous book for bedtime! The dream train pulls into the station, and one by one the train cars are loaded: polar bears pack the reefer car with ice cream, elephants fill the tanker cars with paints, tortoises stock the auto rack with race cars, bouncy kangaroos stuff the hopper car with balls. Sweet and silly dreams are guaranteed for any budding train enthusiasts! Amazon






This story is about a boy named Roberto who can’t seem to fall asleep at bed time. He gets out of bed to see the paper mouse he made at school on the window sill. Outside he sees a cat being cornered by a big angry dog. Roberto doesn’t know what to do and accidently knocks his paper mouse off the window sill. As it falls, it makes a big scary shadow on the side of the building and scares the snarly dog away. Goodreads




Dreams are very powerful and often times very real. What is the strangest dream you've ever had? (that you can remember)

12 comments:

  1. I can never remember my dreams for more than an hour after I wake up, I can only remember that I thought my dreams were strange. Do you actually remember yours for a long time afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most times I don't remember the good dreams, but I always remember some of the more disturbing ones!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I tend not to remember my dreams so much these days, but I can still clearly remember the worst nightmare I every had, some forty years later. It really stayed with me and I'm not sure why.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today. I love books of all sorts so will be watching the titles you post. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have memory of one nightmare that I had constantly as a child. It still gives me chills. (shuddering)

      Thanks for visiting. All the best to you!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow, I love this "D" post of yours! Lovely!

    My first memory is actually from a scary dream when I was three years old. I managed to overcome it but a scene in it is still particularly vivid! Amazing how dreams work.

    I'm glad I found you from the Facebook a to z group today!

    Julie Jordan Scott
    Our Literary Grannies from A to Z: D is for Denise Chavez
    tweet me - @juliejordanscot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Dreams are a real trip (good or bad)!

      I am so glad they (AtoZ folks) started that Facebook thread. It makes it easier to find posts.

      Thanks for hopping over and for leaving the link to your blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my "B is for Broke" post, Shirletta! The poster is actually quite cheap, but maybe I could get some coin for it - ha!

    Some days I have very vivid dreams and others I don't remember anything at all. My dreams are always in colour though, which I love and I often know in my dream that I am dreaming (especially if it is a nightmare) and that I just need to wake up for the nightmare to stop. I find that kind of strange.

    Cheers from Brandy at brandysbustlings.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..sometimes it's not easy for me to wake from the nightmares, so if I start crying or yelling (in the dream) I will usually make the noise in real life and wake my hubby, who comes to my rescue by shaking me. Although sometimes he isn't very kind when he wakes me. LOL!!

      Delete
  5. I'm a lucid dreamer, and have very good recall of my dreams (I think this is because I'm an insomniac)...most of them are really strange! haha I think one of the best strange ones I had though, I turned into a NaNoWriMo novel a few years ago. The dream was about an alien race of creatures that I called "bug" people--they were giant 7 foot tall people with iridescent skin (blues, purples & reds) and gossamer wings.

    Great post, Shirletta! Thanks for stopping by my "C" entry today & leaving a comment. Happy A to Zing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo glad I do not have the ability to recall some of my dreams. :)
      Ha! Now that is a strange dream.

      Thanks for the visit and great comment. I'll be seeing you in A to Z-land!

      Delete
  6. I like the format of your blog. Posing questions at the end of your post is a good idea. Maybe I'll approach the dream question in a blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the hat! :)

      Thanks for the kind comment, I always wonder if I'm doing the blog thing the "right" way! haha

      Delete