Monday, April 8, 2013

Giggle

The letter for today my little lovelies is G. This is Day 7 of the A to Z Challenge. Using the letters of the alphabet as a starting point, bloggers are challenged to write a post everyday except Sunday. It's a good way to meet new authors and bloggers, learn about interesting books and topics and gain readership. If you stalk me (follow) I will stalk you!


My posts are loosely based on emotions/mental drama and anguish while introducing you to some books bearing the same or closely related titles/themes. 

 

 

G is for Giggle!


G. Such an interesting shaped letter. It is part circle, part vertical line and some strange little things at the beginning and the end. Well, I am at a loss for the dear letter G! I know! The shame! The ginormous horror! This is noticias grande'!

Then I thought of the word giggle.

I have a cousin, I have several actually, but she was my closest and dearest friend. The years have managed to come between our friendship and we have long periods of no communication. Even though we actually lived in different States, we were together every summer and 99% of all holidays and many just- because- we -live -close -enough- to- drive- up- for- the- weekend occasions!

We had so much fun together and got into quite a bit of mischief! Our antics would bring us into fits of laughter, but then she laughed at everything. The silliness would either start or being with a giggle. She would giggle incessantly.

Even today a few years older, a marriage and a couple of kids later, she still has that  infectious giggle. It made me laugh as a child and the memories of our childhood and that giggle brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Here's to you my giggling cousin, as we grow older I pray we will always love each other, be best friends and never forget to giggle!


Giggles on the Bookshelf







This playful rhyming Little Golden Book asks, "Where do giggles come from?" It's a celebration of families and laughter and children will delight in watching piglets, bear cubs, bunnies, and more baby animals frolicking joyfully with their families.Goodreads.








 
 Drink Wine and Giggle (101 ways girlfriends can connect, have fun and be inspired) combines friendship and personal growth in a collection of easy-to-follow activities that have been tested and proven to turn girlfriend get-togethers into life-shifting experiences. Amazon


What about you? 

Do you have a friend who causes you to loose it completely in laughs and giggles? 





11 comments:

  1. Absolutely, a cousin of a cousin...we've known each other since we were eleven. Getting together is like making time turn back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that word! Just saying it brings back memories of childhood that make me want to giggle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good thing to have sweet memories of childhood. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll have to check out "Drink Wine and Giggle"...two of my favorite things!

    Ruby is participating in the A to Z Challenge
    Ruby Wilbur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like a fun book! I hope you do enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and great G word. My sister and I can laugh until we cry. And I can remember my Gran laughing until tears poured down her face.

    Thanks for visiting me at http://www.bibsey.co.uk Good luck with the rest of the challenge. What are you thinking of for H?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments.
      I wrote the H post when I wasn't in a very giggly mood! LOL!! I was thinking I may change it but seeing how it's 2011 (810 pm) here and I really want to end my day I may stick with my original post of holler! :)

      Delete
  5. Even I have a cousin like yours. We are of same age and the amount of mischief's, and roaming around we did was so much of fun. And now we live in different countries but still it's the same when we meet. Thanks for taking me down the lane. :)

    - A fellow blogger from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am enjoying reading everyone's comments as much as I enjoyed writing about the post.

    ReplyDelete