Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Holler

The letter for today my little lovelies is H. This is Day 8 of the A to Z Challenge. Using the letters of the alphabet as a starting point, bloggers are challenged to write a post everyday except Sunday. It's a good way to meet new authors and bloggers, learn about interesting books and topics and gain readership. If you stalk me (follow) I will stalk you!



My posts are loosely based on emotions/mental drama and anguish while introducing you to some books bearing the same or closely related titles/themes.

H is for Holler!

 

All the noise, chaos and constant chatter.
I wanna holler!

Busy flitting, dancing, singing! Driving me absolutely crazy!
I wanna holler!

Talking, laughing, yelling, shouting.
Screaming at the top of your lungs while counting.
I wanna holler!

 Standing on the second floor bellowing and calling my name. It's enough to drive anyone insane.

I wanna holler!

Just please stop talking to me, just lower your voice.

I want to lock myself away from the world.
The noise, hustle and bustle that makes my head swirl. In a quiet room, in a quiet house. No stirring of people and definitely no mouse!

Sitting in a chair while you're reading to me, that is how its supposed to be.
So slow down. Speak softly. Relax. Take your time. The beauty of the world is yours to find.

I really want to use my inside voice, but if the madness continues I'll have no choice, except to holler!

Holler on the Bookshelf

Holler Loudly has a voice as big as the southwestern sky, and everywhere he goes, people tell him to "Hush!" From math class to the movies and even the state fair, Holler's LOUD voice just keeps getting him into trouble. But when a huge tornado comes twisting into town, Holler (with that voice of his!) saves the day. Readers will cheer for this rollicking story about celebrating our unique gifts, and Barry Gott's bright, fun illustrations will have you hollering for more. Amazon.

After witnessing the murder of their mother, the three Jackson sisters are separated and living hard lives far away from each other. DOMINIQUE is in love with a man who once saved her but is now threatening to destroy her. Will she be able to break free from him in time? Just as DONYA finally clawed her way from living on the streets to being a self-made Bohemian chick, she finds herself in the middle of two disasters. DAMITA is the fast-talking, fast-thinking, straight-A high school senior with an attitude and temper she inherited from her father. Will she let it ruin her the way it ruined him? Holler at the Moon is the coming of age story of three sisters who fight hard to create their place in the world without the guidance of a mother or the love of a father. Can they find healing and become the women they hope to be or will their dark pasts be their ultimate downfalls?

What about you? 

What's make you wanna holler?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment