Sunday, March 24, 2013

Soulful Word Sunday 2 - Guest Post Susette Williams


ACCIDENTAL MEETING

“Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright.” Proverbs 14:9

Do you remember the movie, Pay It Forward? It was the feel good type of movie that inspired people to do something for someone else just because, hoping others would take the initiative and do the same. Now imagine if we put a different twist to that philosophy, and everyone started to actually try to make amends for something they did wrong?


In my novella, Accidental Meeting, Abbey Martin does just that, and she receives several unexpected blessings in return. Even though I wrote about Abbey and Bruce in my story, there have been lessons they continue to remind me today. When I read a review left by Sharma Darby, “Most of us me included just get grumpy and complain. But in this book, Abbey is looking for the good in the bad. As the Bible says all things work together for the good for those who love the Lord. Well in this book it definitely worked for the good for Abbey and Bruce. I laughed and laughed and it made me take a look inside myself to know when things aren't going right to make sure I have the right attitude” it reminded me about grumbling myself and that I should look for the positive in things.

It is in the valleys in life that we grow. I’m learning more and more to pray and ask God what He has for me to learn when I am going through something. In Accidental Meeting, Abbey already has a joyful heart, but Bruce… he’s learning to overcome guilt. Don’t let Satan beat you up for things you could have done, or things you could have handled better. We might not be like Abbey, who chauffeured Bruce around after she caused him to break his leg, but if we mess up, we can try and make things right, apologize for our mistakes, and go forward trying to do better each day.

March 24th & 25th, you can download a free copy of Accidental Meeting



Also, a good book for girls 9-12 on responsibility and staying home alone for the first time: You Can’t Scare Me is free March 24th & 25th.






You may also enjoy, A Stitch in Time: What Day Is This? Which is only $.99.



Connect with Susette through Social Media




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment