Monday, August 18, 2014

The Year is Almost Gone Goal Review!!



Um....what happened?? I blinked and the entire  year has almost slipped by.  I had big plans for 2014. Big plans.  Well, life had goals and plans of it's own!! (rolling eyes)






Flashback to January:  Life is going as planned. I am writing. Can you believe it?! Enjoying my time with family in the States.  Since I'm here I may as well go visit the doctor.  Smart move, but not a smart move!!  "Honey," she says "I can't believe you are still walking.  Do you realize you could have had a stroke or a heart attack?"  Blank stare. Well of course I didn't realize that I was a walking time bomb!!  "So, I need you to go see the surgery scheduler."  Oh fun I think to myself.  This is NOT how I envisioned my New Year!  Did I mention both father-in-laws (the father and step father) were diagnosed with cancer, one having stage 3. Really?! (more eye rolling)




Needless to say I am way behind the eight ball on my writing goals.  But the good thing is, I am an overcomer!! 




The first few months of 2014 were more than challenging.  During this crazy time something wonderful happened.  I found me!  I was tucked deep inside a cocoon much like a caterpillar.  The woman who has emerged is stronger, wiser, more focused and committed to making my dreams a reality.  The caterpillar is now a beautiful butterfly!  What a rebirth!! 



How about you? Have you experienced some challenges to your personal, spiritual or writing goals this year? Are you still a caterpillar or have you blossomed into a beautiful butterfly?












No comments:

Post a Comment