Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fantastic Four

Somewhere during this crazy ride called life my husband and I decided we wanted another baby.  Whoo-hoo! We had officially lost our minds.
We started looking at baby furniture, gear (yikes, this stuff is really expensive) picking out names and planning how our 3 live-in baby-sitters (aka our children) would be able to help out with the bundle of joy.

Excited and giddy like two star-crossed newlyweds, we made the announcement to the three musketeers who were ages 12, 13 and 16 at the time.  The boys (13 & 16) shrugged their shoulders and said "whatever!"  But the girl-child, stated emphatically "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"  My husband and I rolled our eyes at her and continued with our plans, until the day the girl-child decided she would not follow the rules at school.  For an entire week she was disorderly, disobedient and disrespectful.  After having a conversation with the principal my husband looked at me and said "If there is a possibility the next one comes out this way, then I don't want any parts of it!" 


 With that, the planning ceased.  Some things are out of the hands of we mere mortals and in the summer of 2009, 40 years to the day of my birth, we expanded our family.  And as always, the girl-child had lots of opinions to share and did not appreciate the addition or losing her spot as the baby of the family. Thankfully, the girl-child and the midget have become the best of friends and love each other, except when they fight over stuffed animals.  It is quite amusing to hear them banter and see a "fight" between an 18 year old and a 2 year old. 

The Fantastic Four Christmas 2010
My days are filled with Barney, Elmo, playing dress up, dancing, futile attempts at crafting and the dreaded potty-training.  O.M.G!!!  Potty training is not for the faint of heart or the lady whose last baby was potty-trained over 16 years ago and the midget has absolutely no interest in this milestone and she will tell you as much.  (shrugging my shoulders) To tell you the truth, it is not my favorite activity either.  I mean really, why can't she wear diapers to college? (I'm just sayin')











1 comment:

  1. You are crazy. Don't think I want anymore. The 16 year old man-child has lost all grey matter and has put any hopes of another one coming in to this family.

    ReplyDelete